Recipe: Kale Salad w/Spicy Peanut Dressing
This is one of my favorite salads ever! I love the combo of the kale with the spicy peanut sauce and it's so delicious & satisfying that I could eat this every day. Bulk it up by adding some grilled chicken or shredded carrots and Mmmmmmmm. Make it tonight & you might lick your plate like I did. Seriously, it's that good!
- 1/2 head of kale, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsps cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsps peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 - 2 scallions (green parts only), thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp all-natural, organic peanut butter
- 2 Tbsps Tamari
- 2 Tbsps Mirin
- Juice of 1 lime
- Dash of cayenne
- Add the kale, cilantro, peanuts and scallions to a salad bowl. Massage the mixture a bit with your hands just to soften the kale.
- In a blender or food processor combine the peanut butter, tamari, mirin, lime juice & cayenne. Pour the dressing over the salad and combine so all of the greens are saturated.
- Refrigerate and allow it to marinate in the dressing for up to 30 minutes before serving.
Source: Hillstone Restaurant